Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sushi and Swimming






Happy Saturday! I spent my entire afternoon relaxing by the pool/taking a nap on the hammock. Yay for great weather! I forgot to mention yesterday that I purchased another little treat at Cost Plus World Market... (besides some yummy Pocky) I got sushi making materials! After a day outside, the bf and I made sushi for the first time ever. We stuck with California Rolls since they seemed like the best choice for beginners. I'll have to admit they came out tasting very delicious! My brothers certainly helped devour them. Below are some pics of the sushi making process.



1)Steaming short grained rice with 2 tbsp of vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp salt, and water.
2)Chopped up avocado, cucumber, and imitation crab meat.
3)Making my first sushi roll.
4)First sushi roll complete.
5)All set for dinner!

If anyone is interested in more specific directions on how to make sushi just send me a note and I'd be happy to explain what worked well for us!

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment