Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Workin' It Out

There's a glimmer of hope in my attempts to be bikini ready in three weeks...lets just say it involves some shopping and a lot of hard work. There is nothing more motivating than a new pair of running shoes or a cute new work out top. I've collected some of my favorite pieces to share with you all. As always, I had to throw a little zebra print and hot pink into the mix. Who knew they made zebra print sports bras!? You can click on the picture to find a list of the sources for all the cute workout accessories. Also be sure to check out below the picture for two of my favorite exercise routines.

By the way...which set do you prefer? Girly pink or Lime and Blue?


Couch to 10k

I've never been much of runner but I have always aspired to be one of those people that simply enjoyed to get up and go for a jog. One day last summer my aunt, an avid runner, told me about Couch to 10k. As I mentioned in my first post, it is nearly impossible for me to stick to something long enough for it to evolve into a routine. When I heard about this I committed my fall semester to preparing to run a 10k. The first step and best step I took was signing up for a 10k race a good three months in advance. Knowing that I had put the money down and told everyone I was going to do this race forced me to stick to the plan. Finishing that race on thanksgiving morning was one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. I challenge anyone who has every day dreamed of enjoying running to give this plan a shot. It certainly made a runner out of me!

8 Minute Abs
Caution: you are about to view a cheesy 1980s workout video. My boyfriend is a bit of a health and fitness freak which is great for me since he's always giving me useful tips and tricks. One of my favorite things he introduced me to is this YouTube video. 8 minute abs is sure to make your abs burn, plus it's a quick and easy work out. Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment